Netflix and Rockstar CEOs. Uber and Airbnb founders. Oh yeah, and Michael Jordan. Welcome to the billionaires club!
Then there are the seasoned vets.
1. Bill Gates ($79.4 billion): Being the richest person on the planet is nothing new for Gates—he’s snagged the title 16 of of the past 21 years. Source of wealth: Microsoft, self-made.
2. Carlos Slim Helu ($73.8 billion): Source of wealth: The Mexican telecom market, specifically América Móvil.
3. Warren Buffett ($71.5 billion): Source of wealth: Berkshire Hathaway, self-made.
4. Amancio Ortega ($65.1 billion): Source of wealth: Zara, self-made.
5. Larry Ellison ($54 billion): Source of wealth: Oracle, self-made.
And that’s just the beginning. The official “29th Annual Almanac of Wealth” (also known as the Forbes March 23rd issue) will be available in your Next Issue app Monday, March 9th.
In it, you’ll find the list of the top 50 richest people in the world, breakdowns by region and by source of wealth, and profiles of some of the most notable billionaires, from Minecraft founder Markus Persson to the man blamed for Iceland’s economic meltdown.
Not yet a Next Issue subscriber? Start your 30 day FREE trial.