Now through August 17th, Next Issue—the app that unlocks a world of unlimited magazines—is giving you plenty of chances to send you on your dream vacation and weekly travel prizes. There are three ways to enter:
1. Not a Next Issue subscriber? Rejoin or start a free trial and receive 10 automatic entries.
2. Enter up to once per day at http://tiny.cc/readandroam
3. After entering, share #ReadAndRoam via email, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest and receive 3 extra entries for each friend who joins.
Official Sweepstakes Rules
I accept the terms, conditions and official rules. I confirm I am at least 18 years old. By entering the sweepstakes, I agree to sign up to receive newsletters and special offers from Next Issue.
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Read and Roam Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to anyone that is at least eighteen (18) years of age within the continental United States and has a valid email address. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Next Issue Media LLC (Sponsor) and other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Next Issue Media LLC, 4600 Bohannon Drive, Suite 100, Menlo Park, CA 94 025.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on July 27, 2015 (“Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. The contest ending date is August 17, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- How to Enter: All paid Next Issue subscribers before Entry Period receive one (1) automatic entry. During the Entry Period, you may start a free trial of the Next Issue app on nextissue.com to qualify for one (1) Sweepstakes entry. During the Entry Period, you may also enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the sweepstakes site at tiny.cc/readandroam or applicable link (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and completing the Sweepstakes entry form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address per day. You may gain one additional entry for each entrant you refer via email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Pinterest. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, on or about August 18, 2015 [1st business day after sweeps closed], Sponsor will select one potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners by the email provided within five (5) business days of the drawing. If a potential winner does not respond within ten (10) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT NEXT ISSUE MEDIA’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Prize(s): Four prizes will be awarded and four winners will be chosen in total. These prizes are to include one grand prize awarded at the end of the Entry Period and three prizes of lesser value to be awarded throughout the duration of the Entry Period, with winners selected on July 31, August 7, and August 14, 2015.
- Description of Prizes: Grand Prize includes one (1) $1,000 Delta Air Lines gift card, one (1) $500 Ritz-Carlton gift card, one (1) $500 VISA® gift card, and one (1) iPad Air® 2 for a total value of $2,500. Weekly prize one is a NudeAudio Portable Bluetooth Speaker of $49.99 value. Weekly prize two is a pair of Smith Clayton sunglasses of $119 value. Weekly prize three is a GoPro® HERO4 Camera of $500 value.
- Winners are responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Use of Entrant Information: By entering the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and the participating companies will use Entrant’s information for general solicitation, marketing, or other promotional activities in connection with the services and products provided by Sponsor or the participating companies. You may at any time revoke the use of such information by providing written notice to each partner.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Next Issue Media LLC, 4600 Bohannon Drive, Suite 100, Menlo Park, CA 94025. Attn: Sweepstakes. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.