Plain. Vegetarian. BLT. Piled high with caramelized onions. Smothered in spicy mayo. There are endless ways to fix a burger, and we’ve found five that will give new meaning to the term mouthwatering. It’s National Hamburger Day, so look no further for an excuse to whip up one of these simple and delicious burgers. They can be made in an instant, and will be devoured faster than you can ask “do you want fries with that?”
- Here’s one we bet you’ve never tried. A Tandoori-Grilled Cauliflower Burger topped with Cucumber Raita Spread.
- The Madlove Burger, piled high with candied jalapeños, won the Best of the Bash award at the country’s most intense burger competition in Miami beach.
- Do you like mushrooms on your burger? How about in your burger? Cooking Light’s Mushroom-Beef Burger packs double the protein and half the fat.
- Is it possible to make a meaty burger… without the meat? There’s only one way to find out. Packed with quinoa, black beans, cashews, and more, Men’s Fitness claims this the “meatiest veggie burger you’ll ever eat.”
- Food & Wine challenges you to ‘build a better burger.’ Start with a brisket, short rib, ground beef base, and finish it off with pickled beets, pineapple, and a fried egg.