Table of contents
- Before You Begin
- Guided Walkthrough
- Wrapping Up
Make sure you have a supported tablet with an Internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi).
Device Requirements: Texture is available for any tablet that runs Android 4.1 or higher.
Texture is also compatible with Android phones (see the Android Phone User Guide).
The User Guide provides you a hands-on tour of top new features in the Texture app.
· One consistent experience: All titles in your personalized library are read through one easy-to-use app, with a common navigation method and consistent user interface throughout, so you can focus on the content and not how to use the app.
· My Favorites and Categories: Organize the magazine titles you enjoy most, either as favorites or in categories such as Health & Fitness.
· Background download: Tap on the download cloud icon of any magazine issue to save it, i.e. keep it locally stored on your Android device.
· Automatic downloading: The app includes an Automatic Download feature so large files and long download times don"t get in the way of reading what you want right away.
· Carousel: The beautiful carousel experience allows you to visually see all the content available in the magazine and rapidly navigate through it.
· Storage management: Manage how much storage space the Texture app can access by tapping on "Storage" in the settings menu.
· Enhancements: Get all the great interactive features of your favorite magazines including video, audio, slideshows, tap-to-reveal active elements, in-article scrolling, quizzes, and embedded web content.
· For the first time ever, Texture allows customers to read any magazine they want for one low monthly price. No more keeping track of multiple subscriptions with different prices.
· There are two unlimited access plans: Unlimited Basic and Unlimited Premium.
· The Unlimited Basic plan contains all magazines in our catalog, except for titles delivered weekly. Unlimited Premium includes access to every magazine in the Texture catalog including weekly titles (such as Entertainment Weekly, People, Sports Illustrated, The New Yorker, and TIME).· There is a free trial offered with our unlimited access plans. After the free trial, you are charged monthly.
NOTE: Sign up online, and then download the app. All account transactions take place in the browser.
It is recommended that you first visit texture.com in the browser of your desktop computer or compatible tablet. On texture.com you can create an account and select from one of the offers. After the signup is complete, you are prompted to download the app from Google Play.
For customers who discover the app in the Google Play Store, after they install and open the app for the first time, they'll be directed to texture.com in the browser to create their account and purchase.
1. Go to http://www.texture.com/ in your desktop or tablet browser.
2. Tap or click "Catalog" at the top of the screen to see all of the titles Texture offers.
3. Tap or click "Free Trial" or “Pricing” to sign up.
4. After you have signed up for a subscription, you will be prompted to download the Texture app. If you have already downloaded the app, you can now close your Web browser and open the app.
2. A single personal library: Open the app and see your Favorites library. No more islands of apps for each title with different navigation and look and feel. Now you can browse, manage and read all your favorite magazines in one place.
3. Categories: After you have signed up for an Unlimited plan and signed in to the Texture app, swipe in from the left edge of the screen or tap the menu icon, then tap "Categories".
4. My Favorites: In the Categories page, you can quickly add a magazine to your Favorites by tapping the star icon in the lower-left corner. When the star turns from grey to blue, it's been added to your Favorites.
7. Tap on any issue to open it. You do not have to wait for the magazine to fully download to start reading. You can also tap the cloud icon to download an issue for later reading.
8. To delete a single issue that has been downloaded, tap the "x" ( ) below that issue.
10. You can always come back and modify your automatic download settings by tapping the Menu icon in the top left corner, tapping "Settings" in the slide-out menu, then selecting "Autodownload Settings".
11. Downloaded page: It's easy to manage the magazines which are stored on your device and can be read while you're offline. Tap the Menu icon in the top left corner, tap Downloaded, then simply tap a cover to read, or tap the "x" ( ) to remove a downloaded issue.
6. You can go back to the library by pressing the left arrow ( ) in the top left corner.
Once you reach the storage limit you've set, the app will delete the earliest-read content first to make space for the new issues. Don't worry, all your magazines are stored in the cloud, and you can always re-download them again.
2. Storing Magazines on your SD card:
- In Android Settings, go to "Application manager" (or "Apps") and tap "Texture"
- Tap the "Move to SD card" button
Now the app and all stored magazines will exist on your device’s SD card memory and not in the device’s main memory.
3. Saved Articles / Saved Stories:
- Tap anywhere on the page that doesn't have interactive elements (such as video, photo galleries and some ads) to view the top and bottom navigation bars.
- Tap the Save ([+]) button in the top right corner of the screen. From there you can choose which Collection to save the pages in. You can also add a note to your saved story and/or create a new Collection.
- Tap on the “Saved Stories“ tab in your My Library view to browse these stories later.
4. In Settings you can also manage Notifications. Slide "on" if you want an email or a device notification each time a new issue of your favorite magazines is available.
5. If you are experiencing problems with the app or have questions, open the slide-out menu and tap Help, then "Support & FAQ". Or simply open a web browser and visit https://www.texture.com/support/contact.
Thanks for taking the time to explore Texture. Now, with a single app and unlimited access plans, you can experience enhanced editions of the world's most popular magazines, custom-designed for tablets.